Convoy 48

  • Screenplay: Dmitry Karalis, Fedor Popov
  • Directed by: Fedor Popov
  • Cast: Alekseev, Anastasia Tsibizova, Igor Yasulovich, Artyom Melnichuk, Alexander Yatsenko, Daria Ekamasova, Anatoly Goryachev, Alexander Oblasov, Svetlana Smirnova-Katsagadzhieva, Tagir Rakhimov
  • Country: Russia
  • Year: 2019
  • Genre: drama, history
  • Runtime: 125
  • Language: Russian


The film Convoy 48 will tell the story of love and war life of several young women. Recent high school graduates, they survived the horrible blockade winter of 1941-1942 and were assigned to the 48th Steam Engine Convoy of the Transportation Commissariat's Special Reserve, stationed at the Sorting Depot (Leningrad Sorting Station of Moscow Railroad).
The 30 steam engine brigades, staffed by girls who had just recently graduated from high school, and engine drivers removed from the front line and delivered to the besieged city by air, formed the backbone of the steam engine convoy that delivered 75% of all freight, ammunition and military equipment – the other 25% was brought by the ice "Road of Life".
This is a film about the lives of girls in pigtails and courageous young men, in the setting of one of the most large-scale and important battles of World War II – the defense of Leningrad.